How to design your playground
Playgrounds are a space for play and learning, a place for socializing and a way for children to push their boundaries. Playground design includes the process of gathering lots of ideas for a play space and arranging them in the best possible way to maximise the use of the site, the available budget, and above all, the playability and play value of the space.
- Play value – make sure this has been maximised.
- Good sight lines of children for caregivers.
- inclusive options for all abilities.
- Providing good shelter and shade.
- Budget- know your constraints.
- Safety- will the child feel safe.
You must also ensure the design is compliant with NZ Standards 5828.
Ready to book your consult? Book now or give us a call on 0800 76 46 76 to get in touch today