1. Terms of Payment
40% deposit with order and balance to be paid within 7 days of date of completion of installation or delivery. Any variation on these terms of payment may be considered, but must be agreed upon and documented before placement of order.
- LIMITED 50 YEAR WARRANTY – on all stainless steel structural posts, against structural failure due to corrosion or deterioration from exposure to weather.
- LIMITED 25 YEAR WARRANTY – on all structural posts, H5 timber and hot dipped galvanised steel, against structural failure due to corrosion or deterioration from exposure to weather.
- LIMITED 20 YEAR WARRANTY – on stainless steel fasteners, against structural failure due to corrosion.
- LIMITED 10 YEAR WARRANTY – on all structural components, including rotational moulded plastic products against deterioration due to rot or insect attack, and against structural failure due to rusting in steel components.
- LIMITED 10 YEAR WARRANTY – on all cable rope, against structural failure.
- LIMITED 5 YEAR WARRANTY – on all paint finishes against fading.
- LIMITED 2 YEAR WARRANTY- full functioning of all components that employ moving parts, including springs, spinners and swing seats
- CONDITIONS OF WARRANTY – Warranties apply from date of original invoice. They exclude acts of vandalism, products tampered with, modified, altered or repaired by anyone not pre-approved by PLAYCO, damage caused by machinery, automobiles and park maintenance equipment, abnormal use, cosmetic deterioration due to normal wear & tear, abnormal climate conditions (e.g. high acid content, volcanic activity, extreme exposure to marine environments etc.), change in physical environment (e.g. rising water table etc), acts of god, damage caused by neglect where the onset of a defect should have been identified through the implementation of a routine inspection and/or maintenance programme. Warranty also excludes minor warping or longitudinal surface blemishes in timber components that do not lead to functional integrity of the component being affected. For a period of two years from the date of original invoice PLAYCO will replace or repair any faulty components at their expense. After two years any costs relating to the removal and refitting of components will be at the client’s expense. PLAYCO reserves the right to replace or repair damaged components in an appropriate manner. Aspects of this warranty may become invalid if a kitset and working bee structures are not installed according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Where the quotation specifically includes the installation of the materials, the quotation is upon the basis that the buyer will at its own expense provide (a) suitable access to the playground site in all weather conditions for vehicles used by the Company; (b) all necessary amenities including 230 volt A.C. Electric power such that any part of the job may be reached by an extension lead in compliance with all enactments, regulations and bylaws.
4. Goods in Transit
Goods transported to buyers place of storage or point of installation by PLAYCO shall be carried at PLAYCO’S risk.
Goods transported to buyers place of storage or point of installation by buyer or an agent of the buyer shall be carried at buyer’s risk.
Goods transported to buyers place of storage or point of installation by a freight carrier authorised by PLAYCO shall be carried at PLAYCO’S risk on the condition that any loss or damage to goods in transit be notified to PLAYCO within 48 hours of receipt of goods.
Failure to do so may result in a claim for loss or damage not being accepted by the carrier or PLAYCO.
5. Goods in Storage
Goods held in storage by buyer at any place other than PLAYCO premises are stored at buyer’s risk.
The contract shall arise upon the buyer’s acceptance of the PLAYCO quotation and the terms in the quotation together with these terms and conditions shall be the conditions of the contract.
7. Title and Security
7.1 Title in any Goods supplied by PLAYCO passes to the Buyer only when the Buyer has made payment in full for all Goods provided by PLAYCO and of all other sums due to PLAYCO by the Buyer on any account whatsoever. Until all sums due to PLAYCO have been paid in full, PLAYCO has a security interest in the Goods.
7.2 If the Goods are attached, fixed or incorporated into any property of the Buyer, by way of any installation process by the Buyer or any third party, title in the Goods shall remain with PLAYCO until the Buyer has made payment in full for all the Goods, and where those Goods are mixed with any other property so as to be part or a constituent of any new Goods, title to those new Goods shall be deemed to have been assigned to PLAYCO as security for the full satisfaction by the Buyer of the full amount owing by the Buyer to PLAYCO.
7.3 The Buyer gives irrevocable authority to PLAYCO to enter any premises occupied by the Buyer on which the Goods are situated at any reasonable time after default by the customer or before default if PLAYCO believe a default is likely, and to remove and repossess any Goods and any other property to which the Goods are attached or into which they have been incorporated. PLAYCO shall not be liable for any costs damages expenses or losses incurred by the customer or any third party as a result of such action. PLAYCO may either resell any repossessed Goods and credit the Buyers account with the net proceeds of sale (after deduction of all repossession storage selling and other costs), or may retain such Goods and credit the Buyer with a sum comprising the invoice value less such sum as PLAYCO reasonably determines on account of wear and tear depreciation, obsolescence loss of profit and costs.
8. Default in Payment
Failure to pay the contract price or any instalment thereof on due date shall constitute a breach of this contract and the Company shall be entitled to exercise any or all of its rights in respect of non-payment and without prejudice to its rights may suspend or terminate the contract and/or enter upon the premises where the products are situated and take possession and remove the same and resell such products and apply the proceeds in or towards the payment of the purchase price. The Company shall be entitled to recover from the buyer all costs and expenses incurred by the Company in the recovery of the debt including collection fees, service charges and solicitor to client legal costs. In addition the Company shall be entitled to charge penalty interest on the unpaid account balance at the rate of 2 per cent per month, calculated on a daily basis.
Installation prices are quoted on the understanding that all foundations are in soil (100 KPa) with no rocks, concrete, roots or other obstructions. Should this not be the case, the Company reserves the right to recover any extra costs incurred.
The buyer is to check with relevant Local Authorities, Regional Councils and other relevant bodies, to accurately establish the existence and position of any service pipes or cables on playground site. The position of these services to be notified to PLAYCO prior to installation of equipment.
All equipment is designed and installed in the belief that it is safe for use by children and conforms to the relevant New Zealand Standard, however, all equipment is sold on the condition that it is accepted by the purchaser at the purchaser’s risk. On request PLAYCO can advise on maintenance procedures and will supply a maintenance programme guideline for the equipment but it is the purchaser’s responsibility to implement and maintain a programme of routine inspection and maintenance.
PLAYCO is consistently upgrading and developing their range of playgrounds. In line with this policy we reserve the right to modify the design or specification of components.
13. New Zealand Standards
PLAYCO equipment has been designed to satisfy the recommendations of NZS 5828 and should elements of this standard change or the standard be superseded, PLAYCO will undertake at that time to accommodate any such changes in future designs.
14. O.S.H. Requirements for Working Bees
Where PLAYCO has undertaken to supply a supervisor for a working bee installation, under the Occupational Safety and Health requirements the buyer shall be considered the principal employer and shall take all reasonable steps towards ensuring a safe workplace for all those involved in the working bee.
15. Council Permits
It will be the client’s responsibility to obtain any relevant building permits etc., Should they be required. PLAYCO can assist in this process but any additional costs (Engineers Reports, Producer Statements Engineering etc.) will be borne by the client.